Friday, March 29, 2013

Kyoto & Nara

Justin had a few days off during Cooper's spring break so we decided to take a trip to Kyoto and visit Nara while we were there. Kyoto was the capital of Japan for over 1,000 years and Nara was the capital before Kyoto. It was a little bit rainy, but not too cold. We weren't there long enough to really see a lot of old Kyoto, but Nara was incredibly beautiful and the kiddies really enjoyed interacting with the deer.



Coop being silly while Sam tries to make a run for it. 

"Brother Friends" (according to Cooper)

Imperial Palace

Getting ready to take the bus to Nara

Two mamas with their babies! :) 

 Nara Daibutsu - High five for being so old (752)

Tōdai-ji
There were two huge samurai warrior statues like the one in the background....Well, I'm not sure if they were samurai, but they were definitely warriors of some sort! 

Another torii gate in Nara





I did not know that Sam was putting his fingers in the deer's mouth! Yuck!

Hmm... I'm thinking that I wouldn't want to be here after dark.....

Shinkansen "Bullet Train"