Coop's first school field trip was to Sea Paradise. I was told that it was similar to Sea World so we were pretty excited to go. When the big day finally arrived, Coop was sick. Sick Cooper equals cranky Cooper and the overcast weather didn't really help his spirits. After a few unfortunate setbacks getting to the chartered buses, we were on our way to Yokohama. The bus ride was pretty interesting because the teachers sing and tell stories to keep the kids entertained. The parents have to sit in the back so I couldn't tell what Cooper was doing, but I hope he was paying attention. After we arrived, Coop had a minor meltdown when it came time to take the class picture. I knew he was tired, but we couldn't exactly abort the trip so I got him excited again by promising that we'd see some animals very soon. It worked and he completely lit up at the sight of the dolphin exhibit!
 |
| The only thing asked of the parents was to make sure that your child saw the "dolphin show". |
 |
| He LOVED the dolphins. |
 |
| Class pictures first! Hope the camera was too far away to spot his tear |
We spent a few minutes watching them swim before heading over to the Dolphin show. The show was a requirement because apparently they were going to draw or color sea creatures at school the next day. We walked into a packed stadium and ended up sitting in the back. I think the show would have held Cooper's attention better if we weren't so far away. I had to feed the baby and Coop saw that as his opportunity to start jumping off of benches and such in the very back. The show looked pretty cool so we'll have to go back again one day and sit right up front! I'd like to go back anyway (with dad!) so that we can explore the other exhibits at a more leisurely pace...or he can chase Coop around while Sam and I do the moseying along!
 |
| That look was him planning his escape. I should've seen it coming! |
 |
| Pretty gnarly looking fish, right?! |
 |
| So much to see, so little time! |
 |
| I wonder if there will come a day when he actually smiles for a pic without making silly poses first. |
 |
| I think he was missing our regular trips to Sea World. |