Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's a boy!



We went to the hospital on April 2 at 5 AM. Our little bundle of joy arrived about 26 hours later at 6:48 AM. To say that I had a miserable labor would be a gross understatement, but Cooper was worth it! Whoa, did I really just say that?! Hahaha! He was 8 pounds 1 ounce and 20 inches long. The actual pushing was only 15 minutes so if I would have dilated quicker then maybe it would have been a quick delivery. Oh well.
I was given a lot of narcotics during the labor so Cooper was born and assessed immediately. He was healthy so Justin got to hold him pretty soon after he was born. I was too weak to hold him so Justin held him in front of me so I could see what he looked like. It was all such a blur! Even now I can hardly believe that he's really here!!