So here's the latest. Baby does not want to come out!
I'm 1 cm dilated, but ET hasn't dropped too much. My blood pressure was pretty high (150/90) when it's usually in the low teens so the NP made me give blood and a 24 hr urine sample (tmi?). I guess the blood pressure along with my edema made her worry about me being in the early stages of preeclampsia. The blood work showed that my platelets were very low (60s) so she asked us to go by labor and delivery the next day to check my blood and blood pressure again.
I thought that it would be a quick trip but apparently there is no such thing as a quick trip to L&D! I spent all day there first waiting for a room then laying strapped to a bed as the monitors beeped away. I watched as ET's heart rate went up and down (123-164) until the doctors finally had a chance to see me. One doctor explained the results of the tests while the other performed a sonogram. I was busy trying to see if I could catch a glimpse of ET's sex while half listening to the other doctor. She did say that I just need to be aware of more symptoms if they happen and that my BP was high for a pregnant person, but okay as long as it didn't keep climbing. My platelets were a concern and they are going to check them again at my next appointment, but nothing more would be done until after my next appointment. If preeclampsia looks more certain after the next visit then the only cure is to have the baby! And the countdown continues...
Next Appointment: Friday, March 27, 2009