Friday, September 19, 2008

Our first peek at Baby Allen


Well, we finally made an appointment to see how our baby was doing. To say I was nervous would be the understatement of the century! I had stopped having any sort of nausea or fatigue a few weeks before the appointment so I was mostly worried that the home tests might have been wrong! Justin seemed to be amused by my "what if attitude" and was far more excited than concerned.
They took my vitals and then led us to our room so that I could prepare for the exam.
Everything was an uncomfortable blur until the little alien popped up on the screen! The hormones kept telling me to cry, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to regain any semblance of control once I started so I fought that urge.
The NP took his/her measurements and guessed that we were approximately 12 weeks (3 months) along. She took a lot of pictures and our favorite is posted at the top of this page! :)
Next Appointment: October 17